Houston has transformed itself into a hip metropolis full of diversity and plenty of nightlife activities to take part in. Whether you are into the nightclub scene or if you prefer romantic restaurants, Houston has it all. Houston also has reliable public transit so this makes it easier to get around in the city, and it helps to get to know the locals since they can recommend a few venues that are not too touristy in nature. Before traveling to Houston you should obtain a travel guide so you can learn more about the venues in Houston. Practice safety when going out to the nightclubs and always keeps extra cash on hand for emergencies.
Good Restaurants in Houston
If you are looking for a neat restaurant in Houston, Sanbuca is a good choice.
1) Sambuca Restaurant- This restaurant has top notch entertainers that visit occasionally and you will hear music of different genres such as pop, jazz, soul and rock as well as Latin. Some good dishes from Sanbuca include Chilean sea bass with citrus beurre blanc and honey glazed pork with fresh fruits and avocados.
Address: 909 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002, United States
Hours: 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
2) Karl’s At the Riverbend – Karl’s At the Riverbend is more of a quaint American style restaurant and it has a romantic atmosphere. At this restaurant you will be served hearty dishes such as beef Wellington, Wiener Schnitzel, broiled quail and venison dishes.
3) Simposio Restaurant – If you like Italian food check out Simposio’s because this is one of the best Italian restaurants in Houston and you can enjoy traditional risottos and meat dishes here.
Boxing in Houston
If you are a sports fan, you can check out the boxing festivities that take place regularly in Houston. There is the Southeast Texas Regional Golden Gloves event that draws thousands of visitors each year, and it is a boxing event that existed for over 70 years. This is an amateur boxing competition and people ranging from mid teens to middle age compete in it. You can also check out the local boxing matches sponsored by Savarese Promotions during the year.
Clubs You Can Visit in Downtown Part of Houston
1) Numbers Night Club – Numbers is a local club that has been around for 28 years and it is especially known for its’ yearly Halloween party. The club has music projectors where the patrons can watch music videos and you can do more than just dance and have drinks because this club also has pool tables and pinball machines for entertainment.
Address: 300 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77006, United States
Hours: 9:00 – 11:00 pm
2) Venue Night Club – Venue is another popular club in downtown Houston and it does not allow casual wear for entrance into it. The live music keeps you dancing all night and on Friday nights Latin music is played.
Address: 719 Main St #500, Houston, TX 77002, United States
Hours: Closed today · Hours
Comedy Clubs in Houston
The Laff Stop – The Laff Stop has open mic nights on Wednesdays and there is no admission fee to get in this club. You can enjoy standup routines from aspiring comics throughout Houston and from other parts of Texas. This club holds a “Funniest Person” contest and other comedy-related events for those who need a good laugh. There is also the Houston Improv Club where both established and upcoming local comics perform.
New Year’s Eve Houston Style
At the Renaissance Houston Greenway Plaza Hotel there is a murder mystery party and when they arrive, they are given the characters needed to solve the murder as they hang out at the party inside the hotel. At the Hyatt Regency in Houston there is the New Year’s Eve bash where four floors feature a live DJ and you can socialize and dance until some hours after midnight. The Downtown Aquarium also has New Year’s Eve festivities.